LCS use 2 databases for its configuration and user data
If you want to move these databases to different SQL server then you need to follow below sequence
- Stop Live communication Server Service.
- Take backup of the above mentioned databases.
- Restore to them to new SQL server.
- Make sure you have all 4 LCS domain groups (mentioned below) added to new SQL server and have all the required permissions given (Compare permission with the existing SQL server).
LCS Domain Groups:
- Run Following Command for setting new SQL server information;
LcsCmd.exe /forest /action:UpdatePoolBackend /poolname:[PoolName] /poolbe:[SQLSeverName]
- Start LCS service again.
- Open LCS MMC.
- Make sure all services are running fine.