Thursday, December 28, 2006
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
- By Windows SharePoint Services user interface.
- By command line.
- Writing custom code by using Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 object model.
If a site no longer requires a specific feature, it can be deactivated.
After reading this you will be thinking that what is feature in terms of WSS.3.0. Well according to Microsoft a feature is a set of elements that help a user to accomplish a particular goal or task. For example, you can create a feature called My Favorite Links that is used to store a list of links on a per-user basis. The feature might include:
- A custom list for storing the links.
- A custom menu item, labeled Add to Favorites, that is attached to the menus of all links in the site. When clicked, the menu item will add the link to the favorites list.
- A Web Part that renders the user’s top 10 favorite links, based on usage and link tracking.
Each of these pieces of functionality is an element. Elements are not typically useful on their own, but they are packaged together to form a useful feature that adds functionality to a Windows SharePoint Services site.
You can create features for any of the following levels in the Windows SharePoint Services hierarchy:
- Web Application
- Site Collection
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
- MS Sharepoint 2007.
- MS Project Server 2007
- MS Project portfolio server.
- MS Groove Server.
- MS Live Communication server 2007 (Not Yet Released).
- MS presentation point server
Addition to this WSS 3.0 (platform behind sps 2007) is also there which is not part of MOSS 2007 but is essential for SPS 2007.
Some other new products mostly related to BI was also released which is not directly related to MOSS but will complement it.There are some very good documentation available on most of the products like sps2007 and WSS 3.0 but not enough documentation is present on some products like Project 2007 server, Groove and Project portfolio server. My R&D is currently going on and will post useful materials as soon as i find them